USING Google SITES INTRANETTO SYSTEMISE YOUR BUSINESS
Do you have procedures around the office that no one looks at, or no one updates, yet your business is constantly growing and adapting? These procedures are important business knowledge and if it’s not evolving, neither is your business.
What you need is a tool that is easy quick and easy to update so you can capture that knowledge and so that everyone know how to do their jobs. Typically we store all the information in our head or our employees do, yet someone gets sick or someone goes on holiday and the next person doesn’t know how to take over their responsibilities. As a business owner you can’t even you can’t sell the business because all of the information is in your head. The handover becomes a costly and time expensive exercise.
Creating an intranet out of Google Sites is a great tool you can use. You can easily put that information into the Google Sites, and people know how to do their jobs and so you get more productivity, more output and more consistent results and your business grows and becomes more scalable.
PART 1 FEATURES AND BENEFITS
PART 2 DEMONSTRATION
GOOGLE Sites – What is It?
So, you may be wondering what Google Sites are. So from the highest level lets just cover in simple terms what it is.The following points outline it’s main features:
- It is an online website that is only accessible to your team.
- Allows you to store and edit your procedures online.
- Access it through your Google login
- Based on your login you can control who sees what.
WHAT CAN YOU STORE IN IT?
There is a wealth of information that you can place inside the Google Sites that make it a valuable and handy resource. Below is a list of just some of the types of content you store in it:
- Words and Steps
- Email Templates
- Helpful Links
- Weblinks to Apps
- Workflows & Mindmaps
- Graphs & Charts
WHAT CAN YOU USE IT FOR?
With all the information you can store and process, you may be delighted by the many ways you can use Google Sites to systemise your business … and this is where the real power is. So here are some of the ways that you can utilize Google sites, to enhance the way you do business.
- Staff Induction
- Team Training
- Policies and Standards
- Quicklinks to Business Apps
- Training Videos
- Storage of product specs
- List of vendors / suppliers
- Accounting standards
- Specific client information for better support
WHY USE IT?
Google Sites is a productivity powerhouse. Here are some of the core reason WHY you should use Google Sites in your business to systemise it.
- Ability to access from anywhere for you and your team, even on mobile devices
- Ability to scale your business with less
- Easy to find documents and update them (built in Google search power!)
- Security around your important business intellectual property
- Team are empowered to do their job
- Increases consistency of output and productivity of the team
- Faster and easier to onboard new employees in less time
- Easier handover of responsibilities when you/staff take holidays
- Increases the value of your business as an asset
After years of using Google Sites, C2 Solution has developed a proven setup and a set of methodologies for using it, which gets you past many of the common mistakes you can make in structuring it for your business. We’ve also developed a series of training videos which teaches you and your team how to use it properly. If you’ve like to get our Google Sites setup please contact us and let us know and we can kick-start your business with this fantastic tool.